ChibiOS is a complete development environment for embedded applications including RTOS, an HAL, peripheral drivers, support files and a development environment.
- Efficient and portable preemptive kernel.
- Best in class context switch performance.
- Many supported architectures and platforms.
- Static architecture, everything is statically allocated at compile time.
- Dynamic extensions, dynamic objects are supported by an optional layer built on top of the static core.
- Rich set of primitives: threads, virtual timers, semaphores, mutexes, condition variables, messages, mailboxes, event flags, queues.
- Support for priority inheritance algorithm on mutexes.
- HAL component supporting a variety of abstract device drivers: Port, Serial, ADC, CAN, EXT, GPT, I2C, ICU, MAC, MMC, PWM, RTC, SDC, SPI, UART, USB, USB-CDC.
- Extensive test suite with benchmarks.
- Raspberry Pi ChibiOS/RT Port. Raspberry Pi ChibiOS/RT Port by Steverino. So far, this port has drivers for the Port (GPIO), Serial, GPT (General-Purpose Timer), I2C, SPI and PWM. An example application is in demos/demos/ARM11-BCM2835-GCC. This example creates one thread to blink the onboard LED and another thread to support a very simple command shell. There are also examples showing how to use ChibiOS/RT to access devices likeTMP102 temperature sensor.
- Getting started. More demo projects.
Source code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/chibios/
License: Modified GPL or Apache