Femto OS: RTOS for small MCU’s like AVR.
- Round Robin Scheduling Every task in the each priority gets an equal amount of time.
- Preemptive and cooperative Choose between preemptive or cooperative on a task by task basis.
- Shared Stacks for tasks Possibility to save ram by letting tasks share their stack space.
- Register Compression Save only the registers that are used on the stack at taskswitch.
- Separate OS/ISR Stack Space The OS (ISR) has its own stack space
- Power save on Idle The idle task can be used to save power.
- Honest Time Slicing Every task gets the same amount of execution time, so no starvation.
- OS interruptible Large parts of the OS can be made interruptable.
- Resource Tracking Tasks that are terminated are managed to release all kernel resources.
Femto OS Platforms
Femto OS Components