mbed OS is an open-source embedded operating system designed specifically for the "things" in the Internet of Things (IoT). It includes all the features you need to develop a connected product based on an ARM Cortex-M microcontroller.
- Device and component support. With support for mbed OS on a wide range of ARM Cortex-M based devices, developers can prototype IoT applications quickly on low-cost development boards.Simple USB drag and drop programming allows you to rapidly prototype without the need for expensive debug hardware.
- Real Time Software Execution. With an RTOS core based on the widely used open-source CMSIS-RTOS RTX, mbed OS supports deterministic, multithreaded real time sofware execution. The RTOS primatives are always available, allowing drivers and applications to rely on features such as threads, semaphores and mutexes.
- Open Source. Released under an Apache 2.0 licence, you can use mbed OS in commercial and personal projects with confidence.
- Ease of Use. With a modular libary structure, the necessary underlying support for your application will be automatically included on your device.
- Community. The mbed community allows contribution and collaboration between ARM, over 50 partners, and hundreds of thousands of individual developers all over the world.
- End to End Security. We address security in device hardware, software, communication and in the lifecycle of the device itself: Hardware Enforced Security At the lowest level of mbed OS, we use a supervisory kernel called uVisor to create isolated security domains which restrict access to memory and peripherals. Communications Security We take SSL and TLS, the standard protocols for securing communications on the internet, and allow you to include them in your mbed project with a simple API.
- Drivers and support libraries. Driver support for a wide range of standard MCU peripherals is included in mbed OS. This includes digital and analog IO, interrupts, port and bus IO, PWM, I2C, SPI and serial.
Source code: https://github.com/ARMmbed/mbed-os
License: Apache License
mbed OS Demo Projects
mbed OS Demo Boards
The nRF52 DK is a versatile single board development kit for Bluetooth® low energy, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary applications using the nRF52832 SoC. This...
The Flagship FRDM-K64F has been designed by NXP in collaboration with mbed for prototyping all sorts of devices, especially those requiring optimized size...
BLE Nano is the smallest Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (BLE) development board in the market. The core is Nordic nRF51822 (an ARM Cortex-M0 SoC plus BLE capability)...
mbed OS Rating
Rate this RTOS ( 17 votes )
mbed OS Platforms
- ARM Cortex-M