NuttX is a real-time operating system (RTOS) with an emphasis on standards compliance and small footprint. Scalable from 8-bit to 32-bit microcontroller environments, the primary governing standards in NuttX are Posix and ANSI standards.
- Standards Compliant.
- Core Task Management.
- Modular, micro-kernel.
- Fully pre-emptible.
- Naturally scalable.
- Highly configurable.
- Easily extensible to new processor architectures, SoC architecture, or board architectures. See Porting Guide.
- FIFO and round-robin scheduling.
- Realtime, deterministic, with support for priority inheritance.
- POSIX/ANSI-like task controls, named message queues, counting semaphores, clocks/timers, signals, pthreads, environment variables, filesystem.
- VxWorks-like task management and watchdog timers.
- BSD socket interface.
- Extensions to manage pre-emption.
- Optional tasks with address environments (Processes).
NuttX Demo Projects
NuttX Demo Boards
The STM32F4DISCOVERY kit leverages the capabilities of the STM32F407 high performance microcontrollers, to allow users to easily develop applications featuring...
The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new concepts and build prototypes with the STM32 microcontroller, choosing...
Rate this RTOS ( 33 votes )
- ARM Cortex-A5
- ARM Cortex-M3
- ARM Cortex-M4