RIOT is a real-time multi-threading operating system that supports a range of devices that are typically found in the Internet of Things (IoT): 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers.
- A preemptive, tickless scheduler with priorities
- Flexible memory management
- High resolution, long-term timers
- Support for AVR, MSP430, ARM7, and ARM Cortex-M on over 50 boards
- The native port allows to run RIOT as-is on Linux, BSD, and MacOS. Multiple instances of RIOT running on a single machine can also be interconnected via a simple virtual Ethernet bridge
- 6LoWPAN (RFC4944, RFC6282, and RFC6775)
- RPL (storing mode, P2P mode)
- Arduino Hello World. This application demonstrates the usage of Arduino sketches in RIOT.
Source code: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT