RTEMS is an open source RTOS that supports open standard application programming interfaces such as POSIX. It is used in space flight, medical, networking and many more embedded devices.
- POSIX 1003.1b API including threads.
- VMEbus Industry Trade Association RTEID/ORKID based Classic API (similar to pSOS+).
- TCP/IP including BSD Sockets.
- GNU Toolset Supports Multiple Language Standards. Multitasking capabilities.
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous multiprocessor systems. Event-driven, priority-based pre-emptive scheduling.
- Optional rate-monotonic scheduling. Intertask communication and synchronization.
- Priority inheritance.
- Responsive interrupt management.
- Dynamic memory allocation.
- High level of user configurability.
- Portable to many target environments.
- High performance port of FreeBSD TCP/IP stack.
- POSIX standard file system semantics.
- GNU debugger. DDD GUI interface to gdb.