FreeRTOS is a popular real-time operating system for embedded devices, being ported to 31 microcontrollers. It is distributed under the GPL with an optional exception.
- Designed to be small, simple and easy to use.
- Free RTOS kernel - preemptive, cooperative and hybrid configuration options.
- Includes a tickless mode for low power applications.
- Official support for 34 embedded system architectures.
- Supports the ARM Cortex-M3 MPU.
- Very portable, predominantly written in C.
- Supports both real time tasks and co-routines.
- Mutexes with priority inheritance.
- Powerful execution trace functionality.
- Stack overflow detection options.
- No software restriction on the number of real time tasks that can be created.
- No software restriction on the number of task priorities that can be used.
- No restrictions imposed on task priority assignment - more than one real time task can be assigned the same priority.
Source code: https://sourceforge.net/projects/freertos/
FreeRTOS Demo Projects
FreeRTOS Demo Boards
The STM32F4DISCOVERY kit leverages the capabilities of the STM32F407 high performance microcontrollers, to allow users to easily develop applications featuring...
The STM32756G-EVAL evaluation board is a complete demonstration and development platform for STMicroelectronics ARM® Cortex®-M7 core-based STM32F756NGH6...
The nRF52 DK is a versatile single board development kit for Bluetooth® low energy, ANT and 2.4GHz proprietary applications using the nRF52832 SoC. This...
The STM32F0DISCOVERY helps you to discover the STM32F051xx Cortex®-M0 features and to develop your applications easily. It includes everything required...
The Flagship FRDM-K64F has been designed by NXP in collaboration with mbed for prototyping all sorts of devices, especially those requiring optimized size...
The Arduino M0 pro represents a simple, yet powerful, 32-bit extension of the Arduino UNO platform. The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, featuring...
The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new concepts and build prototypes with the STM32 microcontroller, choosing...
The SimpleLink™ Wi-Fi® CC3200 LaunchPad™ development kit (with QFN-packaged device) is an evaluation development platform for the CC3200 wireless...
The ESP8266 WiFi Module is a self contained SOC with integrated TCP/IP protocol stack that can give any microcontroller access to your WiFi network....
ESP32-DevKitC is a low-footprint, minimal system development board which is powered by our latest ESP-WROOM-32 module and can be easily adjusted to a breadboard...
Rate this RTOS ( 132 votes )
- ARM Cortex-A5
- ARM Cortex-A9
- ARM Cortex-M0
- ARM Cortex-M0+
- ARM Cortex-M3
- ARM Cortex-M4